Working at Madonna Learning Center can be rewarding in so many ways. Our Students and Adult Trainees are our number one mission at Madonna Learning Center, and the staff really feels blessed at the end of the day! At Madonna Learning Center, we work together with the teaching team and families to facilitate growth and development. We strive to help young and adult individuals become as independent at possible.
Special Education Teacher
Send Resume Here
Madonna Learning Center is seeking a Licensed Special Education Teacher to join our team for the 2023-2024 school year. Madonna Learning Center is a small private school serving students and adults with intellectual disabilities, located in the Germantown area. At Madonna we work together with the teaching team and families to facilitate growth and development. We strive to help young people become as independent as possible, improve communication, academic and social skills, which are critical for personal success.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Special Education from an accredited college or university with emphasis in the appropriate field.
- Current teaching license and certification from the State of Tennessee.
- Responsible for completing appropriate student assessments, creating and implementing Individualized Education Plan using research-based, intensive, individualized instruction and small-group instruction.
- Teach appropriate curricula and assign work designed for each student’s educational goals and able to communicate with a wide variety of individuals including educational/therapeutic staff, support personnel, community agencies, other health professionals, parents and students.
- Strong behavior management and positive discipline skills are required.
- Oversee and direct activities of assigned Teacher Assistants.
- Passionate student advocate